Saturday, September 15, 2012

When You've Got It, You've Just Got it....

Let me start off by saying thank you to Mr. Nicholas Sparks for creating my delusion of what love should be.  Due to his novels, I am forced to believe that romances are so powerful and explosive that oneself could catch on fire with the burning passion it creates. Ha!

Enter Mr.B.....

I am 20 in college. After spending several years on and off with a boy from high school, I am very green to the dating scene. Mr. B was tall and handsome, kind of shy and I bought it. Shall we scroll down 9 years....

First Year
The Honeymoon phase, getting to know the other person and having those "butterflies". He is still very shy especially around my friends and family.

Year Two-Three
We turn the basement into an In-law and he moves in. We get a dog (side note..she is the best thing to come out of this relationship).

Year 3.5-Four
Mr. B is in the shower, I answer his phone. 
Enter girl Mr. B has been seeing.
He moves out.

Year Five
I am finishing massage school, we start dating again. Things don't seem right, we break up again.

8 Months of freedom....

Year Six
We start dating AGAIN...however he is very sneaky. He hides texts, doesn't stay over as often, never brings me over to his parents. (I will not see them again after year 4)

Year Seven-Nine
I pretty much do things on my own, family gatherings, parties with friends. He occasionally graces me with his presence. I know in my heart that he is not the one for me yet I still hold on. Why? I am afraid to fail., afraid to be alone.

Year 9.1
I enroll in school again to be a personal trainer. I finally grow some balls and realize what I am worth. 
Good bye Mr. B

(Later I will learn that Year 4-9 was spent with several other females...awesome.)

I bring you to 2010, January the 31st to be exact. I have started a profile on a little "Match" site. I get a "wink", I "wink" back. I get a message to meet this Trodog8...what the hell, here I go!

We meet in Collinsville at a place called the Crown and Hammer. It is a quaint little spot for the two of us to get together. 

Hello Mr. W......

He is tall ( I am a sucker for this, we know), a very adorable home town boy. Things go fast with this one, already meeting families one week in. Nothing good can come from this romantic speed. A few weeks later he calls it off.

I spend the next few months "Matching" here and there. They are all ass holes though, wanting one thing and one thing only.

Re-enter Mr.W.

I am smart this time, stating we should just be casual, no titles, no commitment. Sure...let's spend everyday together over the next four months and call this "casual". Fast forward to one night in August, it is his softball outing. We run into a friend of mine that happens to also be "Matching" these days. What do you know Mr. W and my friend have messaged each other.

Enter a very jealous and enraged me. 

I have very strong feelings for this one...what the hell happened to casual? And there it begins....

Mr.W is everything that I could ever ask for. Is life perfect?  Not at all. I would not want perfect. However, he is as perfect for me as it gets. W is kind, he has a heart of gold. He is a Mama's boy in the best way possible. He treats me like a princess but doesn't always let me get my way (which is a good thing). He also keeps me on my toes (can be a fire cracker from time to time). I will say that I love him more then anything. He really is my soul mate.

In a few short months we will be meeting a new addition to the love that him and I share, Baby W. Did I think back January of 2010, that I would be having a baby with this small town gentleman from Simsbury? One never knows where life is about to take them. I have enjoyed the ups and sometimes downs of our journey though. Even as hard as I tried not to fall, I fell hard. When something powerful like love is there, you can't pretend it is not and run away from it.

To you Mr. W, thank you for being my Nicholas Sparks Novel

Warrior Dash

Baby Veda is born

Mystic Aquarium 3-D

Rugged Manaic

Red Sox Game

Melissa and Dan's Jack and Jill

Lauren and Tim's Wedding

We are super cool if you muschase

Hike up Kent Falls

Pumpkin Picking

Halloween


Christmas 11'

DC

Woodstock

Celtics Game

Dan's 31st Bday


Christmas 12'

Fire Pit with Baby V

Found out we are pregnant!!

RI

RI and our Baby Bump






















No comments:

Post a Comment