Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Small Miracle Makes a Big Change

Let's back track a bit.....

The year is 2012 (OK so we are not back tracking that far) the place my friend Peter's house in the middle of March. Every few months Pete and his fiance Rachel have gatherings, this particular one to celebrate the dismissal of a one of Rachel's co-workers (This included a pin the tail on the donkey with this particular disliked person face on it, no joke). Anyway, Craig and I were enjoying some time with friends and having a few beers, letting loose. The grill is cooking the drinks are flowing and we are having a great time.

Craig is eating a steak, myself some salad. Why am I telling adding this detail? Well...it will make all the difference in my little tale.  I have not eaten red meat for several years, um...try over 20. Chicken and fish were my chooses of protein. All of a sudden I am eyeing Craig's meat and saying, "hmmmm I think I want a bite of that."

"Are you serious?!".....Craig is a bit shocked and so am I to tell the truth. However, there I am opening my mouth for his offering of a small piece of something that I have been repulsed by for several years. To be truthful, as I am chewing and feeling the foreign food, I am liking it!

Jokingly, Craig tells me to take a pregnancy test. Ha! OK buddy! I don't think so.....

Fast forward a few weeks to April. I have not been feeling that well, tired and crankily waiting my "monthly friend". I am pretty regular and here I am waiting for it to come.  One week late.....no big, right? Right????

Perhaps something is wrong, maybe I have a cyst, so to Planned Parenthood I go. We live in West Hartford, so I choose to go to a close location in Hartford. As I check in the lady at the desk hands me a cup. "Go ahead and pee in this, the bathroom is around the corner", said the larger black woman. Alrighty, no big deal, I have a cyst.

Waiting....in a small room...just me and a thousand diagrams of vagina's.

Enter, small Spanish nurse. "Congratulations, you are pregnant!!!!"

"WHAT?!" How is this possible....OK I know how, but HOW?

And that is that....on April 11, 2012 our lives would change. A little unplanned surprise was upon us. I was going to be a mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment